NOTE: PLEASE SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN THIS PAGE FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION AND PRICING ON THE FBI 3" DROP SEAT KIT
The latest innovation from Fat Baggers is this impressive Bolt-On drop seat conversion kit for ’09-Up touring models which drops the stock seat height by 3" without sacrificing clearance or suspension of your bike!
Since the ’09-later models are bolted together beneath the seat at 4 frame points, you simply remove all outer components, unbolt the factory rear/upper chassis section, bolt on the new Patent Pending FBI replacement sub-frame then re-mount your stock fender, bag mounting brackets, bags, etc.
FEATURES, BENEFITS AND OPTIONS:
• Lowers stock seat height 3" or more
• Allows better footing and control
• Multiple seat options available
• Re-use stock fender or upgrade to FBI Fat Fender
• Side covers are available unpainted or painted to match your paint scheme
This innovative kit consists of three main components: the frame kit, a seat and a set of side covers. With the 2-Piece bolt-together chassis on 2009-Up Harley Touring Models, simply unbolt and remove the rear/upper subframe (seat rails and fender struts), seat, saddlebags and detachables then bolt on the FBI subframe kit and reinstall other components. If the bike has ABS brakes an additional manifold is required and if it has saddlebag rail guards, they will need modified or replaced.
TWO DROP SEAT KIT CONFIGURATIONS ARE AVAILABLE:
To meet the needs of shorter riders needing better footing on the ground or taller riders wanting to sit down into their bike more, there are two drop seat kit configurations:
STANDARD DROP SEAT KIT:
The original Standard Drop Seat installation (with long side covers) is recommended for riders approximately 5'7" and over who either want to sit more flat-footed on their bike or, for taller riders, to actually sit down into the bike more. The driver seat area is set back slightly from stock.
NARROW DROP SEAT KIT:
The Narrow Drop Seat installation (shorter side covers) is for riders that are approximately 5'6" and under that need to sit closer to the ground for better footing and control of their bike. For the Narrow set-up, the side panels are pulled back from the tank while the seat bumps the rider forward 2" from the standard kit seat and is tapered more to allow the rider’s legs to go more directly to the ground for optimal reach.
NOTE: Heavier riders with a short inseam may NOT find the Narrow Drop Seat configuration to work best for them. While the Narrow kit allows the best reach to the ground for those with short inseam, it also has a 2" smaller rider’s bucket in the seat. These riders may find it better to go with the Standard Drop Seat Kit—keep in mind the handlebars
can be adjusted back some as well.
DROP SEAT KIT ORDERING STEPS:
1. Start with the Drop Seat Frame Kit (same for standard or narrow)
2. Select your choice of side covers: Standard or Narrow, unpainted or painted to match OE standard, pinstriped,
or 2-Tone schemes (paint prices vary).
3. Select your choice of seats to accompany chosen standard or narrow side covers.
4. Select ABS manifold and/or rail guard caps as required.
GENERAL 3" DROP SEAT KIT PRICING
* All prices are plus shipping
* Pricing is the same for Standard or Narrow components
* Kit pricing here includes frame kit, side covers and sport 2-up seat (7" wide pillion)
* $1999.95 Complete Kit, Unpainted Side Covers
* $2250.95 Complete Kit, Side Covers Painted any Std. Solid H-D Color
* $2299.95 Complete Kit, Side Covers Painted any Std. Solid H-D Color with stock Pinstriping
* $2400.95 Complete Kit, Side Covers Painted any Stock H-D 2-Tone Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: SCREAMIN' EAGLE COLOR MATCH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. CALL FBI FOR OPTIONS.
For more information contact us at www.fatbaggers.com or (877) FBI-BIKE.
SEE THIS GREAT INSTALLATION REVIEW!
COPY & PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER: http://www.bikernet.com/pages/story_detail.aspx?id=7081